Who is Optibac Immune Support for?
Friendly bacteria supplement with added vitamin C designed for those wishing to support their immune system. This strain has been extensively researched in thousands of people and is recommended for daily use, especially in the winter months. It is suitable for those over the age of 1 year.
- Each capsule provides 5 billion live cultures of the well-researched strain Lactobacillus paracasei CASEI 431®, clinically trialled in thousands of people in over 20 clinical trials
- The billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- L. paracasei CASEI 431® has been shown to stimulate immune responses and increase immune cell activity
- Each capsule contains 80mg of vitamin C
- Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system, resistance to infection and to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Over 70% of the body’s immune cells are in the gut
- Complements the flora naturally present in your gut
- Easy to take on the go
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women .
Available in a pack size of 30 capsules – serving size 1 capsule per day.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology and Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
Can friendly bacteria be taken every day?
The simple answer is yes! Friendly bacteria have been researched for decades and the growing weight of evidence suggests that daily use is both safe and recommended.1,2,3 There’s no known risk of dependency or overdose: the human gut naturally contains trillions of micro-organisms, so the numbers found in supplements are modest by comparison. Friendly bacteria are found naturally in our diets, but not all strains do the same thing, so many people like to use a supplement that’s tailored to their individual needs.
How can I support my immune system naturally?
Various factors affect the health of our immune system. Some of these we can’t control, such as cold, damp weather or stressful events, but there are many things we can easily do to help our immune systems fight off cold, viruses and infections. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet, limit alcohol intake, get a good night’s sleep, exercise daily, and wash your hands properly.
Many people also like to use supplements designed specifically to support the immune system, especially during winter months when coughs, colds and flu are especially common.
Which supplements are best for the immune system?
It’s best to choose supplements which contain ingredients which have been extensively researched and found to support the immune system, such as vitamin C, which helps to support a healthy immune system and your body’s resistance to infection. Optibac Immune Support contains 100% of your daily requirement of vitamin C along with one of the world’s most researched bacterial strains, Lactobacillus paracasei CASEI 431®.
Who should not take supplements for immune support?
Older people can be more vulnerable to colds and flu so may choose to take a supplement for extra support, but often have concerns about whether it’s safe for them to take live cultures. However, friendly bacteria supplements are safe to be taken by everyone from birth into old age 1,2.. There are only a few circumstances when live cultures may not be appropriate, such as for adults or children who are immune-compromised – please see our safety information for more details. If you have a serious health condition, you should always speak to your doctor before taking any supplement.