Clarinaze is a nasal spray from the manufacturers of the popular hay fever treatment, Clarityn. Clarinaze helps to ease symptoms of hay fever and is perfect for those who suffer from sneezing, a blocked or runny nose, or itching when the pollen count is high.
- Clarinaze is not suitable for use by children under the age of 18.
- Do not use this product if you are allergic to mometasone furoate or any of the other listed ingredients.
- Do not use this product if you:
- Have an untreated infection in your nose, as this can worsen the infection
- Have recently had an operation on your nose or have injured your nose. Wait until your nose has healed before using this product
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you:
- Have or have ever had tuberculosis
- Have any other infection
- Are taking other corticosteroids, either by mouth or injection
- Have cystic fibrosis
While you are using this product, speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you experience any of the following:
- Your immune system is not functioning well (e.g. you experience more frequent infections) and you come into contact with someone who has measles or chickenpox. Avoid coming into contact with either of these conditions while using this product
- You have an infection of the nose or throat
- You have persistent irritation to the nose or throat
- You have experienced blurred vision or other visual disturbances
Like all medications, Clarinaze can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. If you experience any of the following side effects, you may be experiencing a severe allergic reaction, and should stop use and seek medical help immediately:
- Swollen face, tongue, throat, mouth, pharynx
- Trouble swallowing
- Wheezing or trouble breathing
Stop use and speak to your doctor if you experience any of the following:
- Eye problems, e.g. pain, blurred vision
- Nasal problems, e.g. pain, persistent bleeding
Other side effects you may experience include:
- Sore nose or throat
- Ulcers in the nose
- Respiratory tract infection
- Increase in pressure in the eye (glaucoma), cataracts which cause visual disturbances
- Damage to partition in the nose which separates the nostrils
- Changes in taste and smell
- Difficulty breathing, wheezing
- Blurred vision
Each spray delivers 50 micrograms mometasone furoate.
dispersible cellulose, glycerol, sodium citrate, citric acid monohydrate, polysorbate 80, benzalkonium chloride, purified water.
Free of CFC propellants.
See leaflet for further information.