Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy is formulated to make a chesty cough more productive by loosening phlegm and making it easier to cough up. Suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and older, it works deep within the chest and lungs to relieve bronchial congestion. And because it doesn’t cause drowsiness, Benylin® Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy can help you get on with your normal daily routine.
Benylin® Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy contains two clinically proven active ingredients: levomenthol, which helps relieve congestion so you can breathe more easily; and guaifenesin, which helps thin and loosen the phlegm in your chest.
Take two 5ml spoonfuls of Benylin® Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy every four to six hours, up to four times a day (do not exceed the maximum dose). If your symptoms don’t improve, please see a doctor or speak to a pharmacist.
For oral use only. Always read the information on the packaging before use. Benylin® Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy is suitable for most people but a few people shouldn’t use it – if in doubt, speak to your doctor or a pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine:
- If you have ever had a bad reaction to any of the ingredients.
- For a child under 12 years of age.
- If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without using Benylin Chesty Coughs Non-Drowsy.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you suffer from liver or kidney problems.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- If you have had a cough for a few weeks that may be caused by asthma, or a cough which brings up a lot of mucus (phlegm).
- If you are taking alcohol.
- If you are not sure about any of the medicines you are taking, show the bottle or pack to your pharmacist.
- If any of these bullet points apply to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Some of the ingredients can cause problems
This medicine contains sucrose and liquid glucose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product. This contains 3.49 g glucose per 5 ml. Contains 1 g of sucrose per 5 ml.
This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes mellitus.
This medicinal product contains 5 vol % ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 200 mg per 5 ml, equivalent to 5 ml beer, 2 ml wine per 5 ml. This can be harmful for those suffering from alcoholism. The ethanol content should be taken into account in pregnant or breast-feeding women, children and high-risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
Ponceau 4R (E124) may cause allergic reactions.
This medicinal product contains 16.42 mg sodium per 5 ml. To be taken into consideration by patients on a controlled sodium diet.
If anyone has too much
If anyone has too much contact a doctor or your nearest Accident and Emergency Department (Casualty) taking this pack with you.
If you forget to take the medicine
You should only take this medicine as required following the dosage instructions carefully. If you forget to take a dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
Do not use if bottle seal is broken when purchased. Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children. Do not use your medicine after the date shown as an expiry date on the packaging.
See packaging/patient information leaflet for details
Guaifenesin 100mg, Levomenthol 1.1mg
United Kingdom (UK)