Otrivine Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray is for application in the nose to give relief from:
• nasal congestion (blocked nose, including colds)
• perennial and allergic rhinitis (recurring inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, including hay fever)
Otrivine Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
A blocked nose often occurs with a cold, this causes excessive nasal secretions and the swelling of many tiny blood vessels that line the nose. The air passages become narrower and the nasal secretions may block the nose completely, leaving you feeling blocked up and congested.
Key features of Otrivine Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray
- Easy to use
- Helps to reduce nasal mucus
- Instant relief for blocked noses, symptoms of allergies and sinusitis
- Could provide up to 10 hours of relief
- Starts to work in as little time as 2 minutes
- With Menthol
Uses / Instructions
For nasal use only.
Dosage for Adults and adolescents over 12 years:
One spray in each nostril 1 to 3 times daily as needed.
Do not use after 28 days of opening.
Do not use continuously for more than seven consecutive days.
If symptoms persist consult your doctor
Like all medicines, Otrivine Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using Otrivine Congestion Relief 0.1% Nasal Spray and seek medical help immediately if you experience:
• Allergic reactions which may include difficulty breathing or swallowing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat, severe itching of the skin, with a red rash or raised bumps.
Common (affects between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 people):
• Nasal dryness
• Nasal discomfort
• Local irritation after using the spray
See patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
The active ingredient is Xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.1% w/v).
The other ingredients are: Sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium chloride, disodium edetate, levomenthol, cineole, sorbitol, polyoxylhydrogenated castor oil (macrogol glycerol hydroxystearate) and purified water
United Kingdom (UK)