Uses / Instructions
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Take 2 tablets to start treatment. Take 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day.
- If your diarrhoea lasts for more than 48 hours, consult your doctor. Not recommended for children under 12 years.
IBS diarrhoea, previously diagnosed by a doctor:
Adults aged 18 years and over:
- Take 2 tablets to start treatment. Take 1 tablet after each loose bowel movement, or as previously advised by a doctor, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day. You can use this medicine for up to 2 weeks for repeated attacks, but do not take for any one attack lasting longer than 48 hours.
- If your symptoms change, worsen or are not improved after 2 weeks, consult your doctor.
Common: (affects less than 1 in 10 but 1 or more in 100 people)
- Feeling sick, constipation or wind.
Uncommon: (affects less than 1 in 100 but 1 or more in 1,000 people)
- Dizziness or drowsiness.
- Vomiting, indigestion.
- Dry mouth.
Rare: (affects less than 1 in 1,000 but 1 or more in 10,000 people)
See patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
Each tablet contains 2mg Loperamide Hydrochloride.
Aspartame, gelatin, mannitol, sodium hydrogen carbonate and mint flavour.
United Kingdom (UK)