- Do not use Dermol Wash if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to isopropyl myristate, liquid
paraffin, benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride or any of the other ingredients
of Dermol Wash
- As with any product, severe generalised allergic reactions are possible. Very rare
reports of such reactions in susceptible individuals, leading to a drop in blood pressure and even
to unconsciousness, have been associated with products containing chlorhexidine.
- You must not use Dermol Wash if you have had problems with chlorhexidine-containing products in the past.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames – risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding,
dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire
hazard. Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it.
- Take care when using this product:
• Avoid getting it in the eyes, especially when using it on the face.
• If you decide to use this product to wash with in the bath or shower, it can make the surface
– be careful to avoid slipping over when getting into and out of your shower or bath (e.g. by using a shower or bath mat);
– after use, clean out the bath/shower tray with a suitable detergent to remove any remaining
greasiness (wearing protective gloves to avoid irritating your hands).
• For patients with very sensitive skin, it is generally a good idea to start any new treatment on
a small test area first, in case any side effect occurs. This is especially important when treating the face or young children. Thereafter, treatments may be applied more generously, as required.
See patient information leaflet for more details.
What Dermol Wash Cutaneous Emulsion contains: The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate (2.5% w/w), liquid paraffin (2.5% w/w), benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w) and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w). The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol and purified water. What Dermol Wash looks like and contents of the pack • The product is a white, non-greasy emulsion (lotion) that contains no dye or fragrance.