Benylin Dry & Tickly Cough Syrup is a soothing cough syrup, to relieve tickly coughs and sore throats.
Key features of Benylin Dry & Tickly Cough Syrup 150ml
- Non-drowsy formula
- Soothes the tickling sensation
- Gets rid of excess mucus
- Soothing effect
- Reliefs dry and tickling coughs and sore throats
Uses / Instructions
Check the information below to see how much medicine to take.
- For oral use only.
- Do not take more than the stated dose below.
- Check the cap seal is not broken first. If it is, do not take this medicine.
Children under 1 year:
Do not give to children under 1 year old.
Children 1 – 5 years, Dose:
One 5 ml spoonful
Adults (including the elderly) and children over 5 years, Dose:
- Two 5 ml spoonfuls
- Give the dose 3 or 4 times within 24 hours, if needed.
- If symptoms persist, contact your doctor.
Retain packaging/patient leaflet for full instructions.
Do not use this medicine:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients
- Do not give this medicine to your child if s/he is under 1 year old.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- If this applies to you now or in the past, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Some of the ingredients can cause problems
- This products contains 1.85 g glucose and 1.707g sucrose in each 5 ml, which may be harmful to the teeth.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before using this medicine. This should be taken into account in patients with diabetes.
- Carbohydrate content of this medicine is 3.85 g per 5 ml.
- You can take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If anyone has taken too much
- If anyone has taken too much of this product, contact a doctor or your nearest Accident & Emergency department (Casualty), taking the pack with you.
If you forget to give a dose
If you forget a dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not use your medicine after the date shown as an expiry date on the packaging.
The Active Ingredients are:
Glycerol 0.75 ml and Sucrose 1.707g
Other Ingredients are:
Citric Acid Monohydrate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Cough Syrup 513277 Flavour (contains Aniseed, Liquorice, Propylene Glycol and Ethanol), Black Treacle, Liquid Glucose and Purified Water
United Kingdom (UK)