If you suffer from dry eye conditions, Viscotears Liquid Gel is a soothing treatment.
- Treats dry eye conditions
- Creates artificial tears
- Effectively treats conjunctivitis
- Relieves sore, burning, and irritated eyes
- Produces a lubricating film on the eyes
- Contains active ingredients
Viscotears liquid eye gel makes your eyes more comfortable when they feel dry. It’s especially effective on sore, burning, irritated, and dry eyes. It contains the active ingredient Carbomer 980, a synthetic polymer that forms a viscous eye gel. This leaves a transparent, lubricating, and moistening film on the surface of the eye known as ‘artificial tears.’ It also treats dry eye conditions, including keratoconjunctivitis sicca, by clinging to the surface of the eye and not washing out of the eye as quickly as some other lubricating eye drops. These soothing drops are perfect for those who struggle with dry eyes and use contact lenses, aggravating dry eyes. If you do wear contact lenses, you can use these eye drops, but you’ll need to remove them before using this product. Once you’ve used these eye drops, wait for at least 15 minutes before putting your contact lenses back in. It’s worth mentioning that Viscotears eye gel features the ingredient cetrimide – which can discolour soft contact lenses.
Uses / Instructions
Adults (including adults aged 65+):
One drop in each affected eye, three or four times a day.
Viscotears Liquid Gel should only be used if prescribed by a doctor.
How to Apply:
- Always wash your hands before applying Viscotears Liquid Gel.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the eye drops and do not replace them for at least 30 minutes.
- Hold the tube vertically.
- Tilt your head back.
- Rest one hand on your cheek and gently pull down your lower eyelid.
- Look upwards.
- Insert one drop by squeezing the tube gently.
- Blink a few times to spread the liquid gel evenly over your eye.
- Wipe away any excess gel from around the eyelids.
- Repeat for your other eye if required.
- Do not touch your eye or the surrounding area with the tip of the dropper.
- Viscotears Liquid Gel is not to be administered by multiple users.
- Always read all product packaging and labels prior to use.
Like all medications, Viscotears can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These include:
- Blurred vision
- Eye discomfort
- Eyelid crusting
- Eye irritation
- Eye swelling
- Eye pain
- Itchy eyes
- Eye redness
- Increased tear production
- Skin inflammation
- Allergic reaction,
- Showing symptoms such as itching,
- Swelling or pain of the eye, or reredness
- Swelling or rash of the skin around the eye.
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor
Active ingredients :
Carbomer (polyacrylic acid) 0.2mg/g.
Cetrimide (as a preservative), sorbitol, sodium hydroxide and water.