What is Care 6% Hydrogen Peroxide?
Care 6% Hydrogen Peroxide is a disinfectant which can be used to clean minor wounds, or as a mouthwash or gargle. It releases oxygen when in contact with your body’s tissues, killing any bacteria in the area and acting as a deodorant at the same time.
When would I use this product?
6% Hydrogen Peroxide is perfect when you need to disinfect minor wounds, and can be used on common skin complaints including:
- Minor cuts
- Minor wounds
- Skin ulcers
- Other superficial damage to the skin
Uses / Instructions
There are two ways that you can use 6% Hydrogen Peroxide, either as a skin disinfectant or as a mouthwash or gargle:
To use as a skin disinfectant
- First dilute a small amount of hydrogen peroxide in an equal amount of water (50:50, e.g. 5mls water and 5mls hydrogen peroxide).
- Soak some cotton wool in this solution and use to clean or dress the wound as needed
To use as a mouthwash or gargle
- First dilute a small amount of hydrogen peroxide with 5 times the amount of water, e.g. 5ml hydrogen peroxide in 25ml of water.
- Use this solution to gargle or rinse the mouth for 2 – 3 minutes.
Like all medications, 6% Hydrogen Peroxide can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These side effects include:
- Irritating burns on the skin and other soft tissues. This can produce a white patch of dead tissue. The pain from this burn will disappear after about an hour.
- Temporary swelling of the tongue when used continuously as a mouthwash
Hydrogen Peroxide 6% w/v, Phosphoric Acid (E338), Phenacetin, Purified Water.
See packaging for full details.