Nytol One-a-Night Tablets are clinically shown to help relieve temporary sleeplessness by promoting a regular sleeping pattern. They are the perfect addition to your bedtime routine if you’re having trouble drifting off to sleep, as you simply take one tablet 20 minutes before bed and you’ll find no trouble in gaining a full night of rest.
They work by blocking the normal actions of histamine, which is the chemical that stimulates arousal-promoting areas of the brain in order to reduce alertness and promote that first stage of drowsiness. Once in that first stage of sleep, you’ll find it much easier to naturally drift off into a deep and restful sleep so that you can feel fully refreshed in the morning.
Uses / Instructions
Directions for taking Nytol One-a-Night Tablets:
Take 1 tablet 20 minutes before bed.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Nytol One-A-Night:
• if you have asthma, bronchitis or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
• if you have narrow-angle glaucoma (a form of raised pressure in the eye)
• if you have an enlarged prostate or urinary retention
• if you have moderate to severe liver or kidney disease
• if you have myasthenia gravis, epilepsy or seizure disorders.
• If your sleeping difficulties persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
• Nytol One-A-Night may get less effective if you use it continuously.
Like all medicines, Nytol One-A-Night can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• The most common side effects are: tiredness, drowsiness, reduced attention, unsteadiness, dizziness or a dry mouth.
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
• Allergic reactions (such as rash, shortness of breath and swelling), blurred vision, palpitations (feeling your heart beat) or irregular heartbeat.
• Muscle twitching, convulsions, headache or pins and needles.
• Also nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick), thicker bronchial mucus and difficulty passing urine
What Nytol One-A-Night contains
- The active substance: Each tablet contains Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 50 mg.
- The other ingredients are: Anhydrous lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, maize starch, stearic acid and silicon dioxide.
United Kingdom (UK)