Who is Optibac Saccharomyces Boulardii for?
For those wanting to take a pure Saccharomyces boulardii supplement.
- Each capsule contains 5 billion live cultures of pure Saccharomyces boulardii guaranteed until end of expiry
- Saccharomyces boulardii is an extremely well-researched, internationally acclaimed friendly yeast
- It has been used safely around the world for over 50 years
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut
- Complements your natural gut bacteria
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required
- Suitable from 1 year onwards
- Can be used intensively or on an ongoing basis
- As featured in Women’s Health, and highly praised in TripAdvisor forums, Optibac first introduced Saccharomyces boulardii to the U.K.
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available in three pack sizes of 16, 40 or 80 capsules.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology and Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
Is Saccharomyces boulardii a well-known friendly bacteria strain?
Saccharomyces boulardii is an internationally acclaimed strain; in fact, it is one of the most highly researched strains in the world! The unusual thing about it, however, is that it is actually a yeast, rather than a type of bacteria. Optibac first introduced Saccharomyces boulardii to the UK, but it has been used safely1,2 for over 50 years in countries around the world and has been used in numerous clinical trials.
How many Saccharomyces Boulardii capsules should I take a day?
As we all have a unique gut microbiome, the response to Saccharomyces boulardii is different for each individual. You can take up to a maximum of 6 capsules per day, but it is recommended to start with 1-2 capsules per day and build up from there as required. When taking a higher number of capsules (3-6 capsules) it is advised to spread these across the course of the day, though if desired you can take 3-4 capsules together initially.
What time should I take Saccharomyces Boulardii?
There is no right or wrong time of the day to take Saccharomyces Boulardii, so whenever fits in with your schedule is fine. This strain of yeast is more robust to environmental stressors than more common bacterial live cultures, and shows strong resistance to heat, humidity, and stomach acidity levels. It doesn’t need to be refrigerated and can be taken with or without food.
Can I take Saccharomyces Boulardii alongside other friendly bacteria supplements?
Yes, it is fine to take Saccharomyces Boulardii alongside your other live cultures supplements, in fact it is recommended to do so. Saccharomyces Boulardii works differently to other friendly bacteria supplements because it is a ‘friendly yeast’3 and does not colonise for long in the gut, but it works well with other live cultures supplements, so most people take it alongside.